Thursday, May 24, 2012

On Their Way

The guys had a long day of travel yesterday to Miami via a layover in Dallas.  I spoke to Paul this morning as they waited to board their plane headed to Port au Prince.  It sounds like they had a brief but decent night of sleep, along with a nice hot shower.  They were due to land at about noon their time and spend the afternoon with our friends at Gift of God Orphanage.  He said they'd do their best to write a post tonight.  I sure can't wait to hear about their time with those gorgeous kiddos and amazing staff at GOG.

On the home front (Nicki and Debbie, please feel free to make any additions:), my sick little Emilie is on the mend.  My heart was encouraged by this chunk from Psalm 41, brought to my attention by my pal Sara:

Blessed is he who has regard for the weak;
the Lord delivers him in times of trouble.
The Lord will protect him and preserve his life;
he will bless him in the land
and not surrender him to the desire of his foes.
The Lord will sustain him on his sickbed
and restore him from his bed of illness.

May God's kingdom be furthered and his name glorified as a result of this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment